Musculoskeletal pain is pain that affects the muscles, ligaments, tendons, and bones. At Laxton Physiotherapy, we have years of experience in the treatment of musculoskeletal conditions.
The causes of musculoskeletal pain can vary. Muscles and joints can be worn away over many years of repetitive movements. Trauma to an area (jerking movements, direct force, falls, fractures, sprains, and dislocations can also cause musculoskeletal pain. Other causes of pain include poor posture and prolonged immobilisation. Changes in posture or poor body mechanics may bring about spinal alignment problems and muscle weakening causing other muscles to be misused and become painful.
How Can Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Help You?
- Totally relieve or reduce your pain
- Provide you with strategies to best manage your injury or condition
- Help you to recover sooner and accelerate your return to your normal activities
- Improve your quality of movement, flexibility, muscle strength and length, and co-ordination
- Assist you to achieve functional goals
- Improve your fitness
- Help you to prevent future injuries
- Improve your performance in sport
Some of these conditions include:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Acute and chronic back pain
- Acute injuries, including sprains, strains and stress fractures
- Shoulder injuries, including rotator cuff injuries
- Knee pain and injuries
- Hip pain and injuries
- Various types of sports-related injuries